Wednesday, September 10, 2008

How It All Began


As you probably know by now, I am heading up the pursuit of the UVU Stephen Colbert Room at the new library.

This idea came to fruition about a month ago as a group of friends and myself walked through the library for the first time. We saw signs posted throughout the library advertising the ability to name a room. After some investigation, we learned that the minimum donation for a room is $5,000. We started thinking how awesome it would be if we could rally the troops and name a room after something unique and hilarious. We concluded that since Stephen Colbert has had just about everything else in the world named after him (from bridges to hockey mascots) we might as well try to name part of the library after him.

I've had 'crazy' ideas like this in the past, but for some reason, this time it was different. I wanted to make it happen. So, I set up a fund raiser account, started telling my friends and suddenly the ball was rolling.

Before I knew it, I had set up an interview and photo opp with the UVU school paper, along with a meeting with the Alumni Board who made my fund raiser officially affiliated with the school. Now, donations can be considered a tax write off!

The next step is spreading the word on campus, making t-shirts, passing out flyers, trying to get some businesses on board and of course, Mr. Colbert himself.

Man this is exciting stuffs...

3 comments:

Erin The Great said...

I think you should have a picture of you getting a Steven Colbert tattoo... That would be hilarious.

Jenn said...

Lol. I love it.

Lana // Blog Author said...

I want a tshirt size small.